In continuation of the Country Focus event series, Business Review invites the most active foreign business communities in Romania to assess the implications of the new economic outlook and to identify new investment opportunities and methods of overcoming the challenges of the local and international context.
In addition, the Business Review team aims to challenge the communities to outline a set of possible solutions in order to achieve a friendlier business environment.
Senior decision makers from some of the most important companies in Romania, officials, financial institutions and chambers of commerce will come together on June 13 and 14, for a series of panel discussions dedicated to the French, American, British, German, Austrian and Dutch communities to explore how being CONNECTED means being STRONGER.
Be Connected. Be Stronger
Brexit. Trump. Netherlands and France elections. The new Romanian government. Elections in Germany. Political stability, migration, resource efficiency. Today, the Romanian business environment is facing an increasing number of influences and challenges, which test the capacity of foreign investors to adapt in Romania, challenging them to find agile responses to both global and local questions.
This new paradigm generates a shift from the focus on competing to a focus on developing strategic business partnerships, solidified by shared values based on mutual growth, expertise and collaboration. In a very dynamic political environment worldwide, the foreign investors’ communities have the opportunity to convey their messages to the business environment and authorities.
From the agenda:
- What is the outlook of foreign investments in Romania in 2017 and beyond?
- What are the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Romania in 2017?
- How can the country take advantage of this competitive edge over its fellow EU members?
- Recommendations to local authorities on how to improve the Romanian business environment”
Among the speakers:
- Sorin Mindrutescu, Country Manager, Oracle Romania
- Carmen Marcus, Economic Counselor, Representation of the European Commission in Romania
- Eric Stab, President, Foreign Investors Council and Chairman & CEO, Engie Romania
- Francois Bloch, CEO, BRD – Groupe Societe Generale
- Dragos Anastasiu, President, AHK
- Gerd Bommer, Commercial Counsellor, Advantage Austria
- Joerg K. Menzer, Partner, Head of CEE Offices, Noerr
- Andre Vivan da Silva, General Manager, GlaxoSmithKline Romania
- Anca Harasim, Executive Director, AmCham
- Ilinca Paun, Managing Partner, Colliers International Romania
- Adriana Record, Executive Director, CCIFER
More information about the agenda of the event can be found on the event page.
Those interested in participating at the Country Focus Community Forum can register online or directly by contacting the Business Review team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +40 31 040 09 31.